Even though addiction is a curable disease, it also requires adept and professional backing to recover. Rehab treatment programs are available for any form of addiction and are particularly tailored to make the person sober again. Inpatient rehab and outpatient rehab are the two main types of programs offered by rehab facilities. Besides getting help for your addiction, outpatient substance abuse programs offer plenty of other benefits too.
Outpatient treatment programs are the opposite of inpatient programs. As the name suggests, the patients enrolled in outpatient programs do not necessarily have to stay at the rehab facility. They can stay at their respective homes while ongoing therapy. Outpatient treatment programs offer several plans which in return ask for strong obligation from the patient’s side. The therapy days are scheduled according to the patient’s needs. You have to visit the rehab facility three or five days a week which can last for 20 hours or more. The whole treatment generally lasts for three months but again, these are just the general numbers and it can absolutely vary from patient to patient.
Benefits Of Outpatient Substance Abuse Programs:
- You get to stay home: The major benefit that outpatient rehab centers provide apart from alcohol or drug recovery is that you can stay at your home while continuing treatment. This keeps you close to your family members which is a great necessity for patients with substance abuse. Outpatient rehab programs can help you to achieve a balanced mental state, which is particularly significant for someone who is going through rehab therapy.
- No stoppage from daily responsibilities: One of the most difficult aspects of long-term inpatient rehabilitation is being unable to attend to your pre-rehab responsibilities or duties or any activities. With outpatient rehab programs, you can still fulfill your core commitments while taking the treatment.
- Balancing work life: As you compulsorily have to stay at the rehab centers for rehabilitation treatment, you have to take leaves from your work against your will. Some may have studies to do or some may have to handle the house, which is not possible with inpatient rehab programs. Opposite to this, with outpatient programs, you get your desired flexibility. Many outpatient rehabs stay open till late on normal days and even open on weekends which extremely benefits the patient to maintain the work-life balance. It is very much valuable for the sole earner of the family who needs to stay with the family for taking care of them.
- Cost-effective: Outpatient programs are more affordable compared to inpatient programs. They are accessible to the average person. Also, the person can pay the bills easily for their rehab treatment as they would be working too, which is not possible with inpatient rehab treatment.
- Support of friends and family: Support is an important aspect of anyone’s recovery path, and you can continue to gain support from friends and family while in outpatient therapy. Although rehab treatment facilities provide a wide range of services, for some people, nothing beats the in-person support of their family and friends.
- Community support: Once you get outside of the inpatient rehab program, a similar group or similar community is required to encourage you and help you avoid relapses. But it’s hard to find this type of support and figure out which one is going to work best for you once you get out of the program. On the other side, when you are finished with therapy, a good outpatient rehabilitation program will help you connect with individuals and groups outside of the facility so can continue your journey better.
- More private: Outpatient rehabs can be more private compared to an inpatient program. Some individuals would like to keep the rehab recovery private as they do not want their employees or friends to know about it for any reason. Unlike inpatient programs, you get to stay at your home rather than in a rehab facility which helps you to keep your secret. Outpatient rehab centers offer extreme privacy as they do not disclose their patient’s information to anyone.
- Fulfills your needs: Outpatient substance abuse programs are tailored to meet your needs. As outpatient programs match your specific requirements, needs, and expectations, you can easily adjust to the methods and practices of the program. You will be able to discover exactly what works best for you, provided the person-to-person attention.
Therefore, we can conclude that outpatient treatment centers offer many benefits to the patient trying to recover from the addiction. People with alcohol or substance abuse issues can be successfully rehabilitated in outpatient rehabilitation programs. And for someone with a mild to moderate addiction, outpatient recovery is the ideal option. Don’t go through this alone; if you or a loved one needs treatment with addiction, outpatient rehab might be the solution.