Shedding unwanted weight in your body is a good way to reduce the risk of certain diseases. A variety of exercise machines are available to stay fit and keep your body in good shape. To boost your aerobic capacity cardiovascular exercise can be helpful. One can greatly benefit by using the Rowing machine and elliptical machine/ cross-trainer. In this article, we will examine both the machines rowing and elliptical. By the end of the article, you will be able to decide which one is the best option for you to choose from.
What’s Common in Rowing Machine, Elliptical Trainer
In comparison with the elliptical trainer, the rowing machine has more technique involved. In the beginning, a user may find it difficult to understand how to utilize it, but after using it for a few sessions, it might become easier to use. It makes use of a fixed range of motion and provides the entire body work out. The bar that is used to pull at the rowing machine is not fixed in one place. It can go in any direction like side, up, down. So, the user should practice the proper techniques so that he can avoid the damage and get the maximum benefit of using a rowing machine.
Four different techniques are used
- Pulling with arms and straightened back
- Pushing with your legs
- Relaxing your legs to bring back your body to the original position
- Relaxing the arms to bring back the bar to the original position
Ease of Use
Many people incorrectly use the rowing machine, it could be that they put a lot of pressure to pull violently with their back. It is very important to learn how to use the rowing machine correctly and this requires a certified trainer who can teach you the proper way to use a rowing machine. Once you know the correct way to use a rowing machine, it can greatly benefit you and it offers additional benefits that are missing in an elliptical machine.
The rowing machine is best for arms and back. Most of our everyday official work is done by sitting in the fort of the monitor for long hours. Our body does not get the required exercise that it needs, especially the back and arms. As we spend most of the time sitting hunched, our chest becomes tight and our lower back gets weaker and we slowly begin to develop a curved posture. To combat all these issues, the rowing machine is the best alternative as it can train all our muscles. It trains the muscles of our lower back, upper back, posterior deltoids, rhomboids, traps, etc. It can greatly help to strengthen the spine and thus prevent injuries caused due toold age. The rowing machine has benefits that are far superior to the elliptical machine.
Benefits of Elliptical Vs Rowing Machines
- In a rowing machine, the workout is done in a seated position, but in an elliptical machine, you can tread being in a vertical position.
- Rowing machines are beneficial for the muscular system, but it does not provide the same benefits for the bones.
- The elliptical machines can be a great source of help for patients with osteoporosis by lowering the loss of minerals from your hips, legs, and lower back.
- As the rowing machine has more weight, it can be risky for old aged people. It would be better to consult with your doctor before you begin with exercise using the rowing machine.
- Since the rowing machine focuses on the biceps and upper back, there is not much exercise for the triceps and chest. The elliptical trainer provides both upper and lower body workout.
- The elliptical trainer boosts your stamina and cardio capacity improves the balance of the body and burns body fat.
- The calories burnt in an hour are more in the rowing machine, in comparison to the elliptical machine.
- The rowing machine will burn around 800 calories in an hour whereas the elliptical machine burns around 700 calories per hour which is slightly less compared to the rowing machine.
- Both the machines can accomplish successful cardio workouts.
- Rowing machines are operated manually and simple to use.
- The elliptical machine is more versatile than the rowing machine.
- The rowing machine is budget-friendly, whereas the elliptical trainer is more expensive.
- The rowing machine does not consume much electricity.
If you seriously considering to reduce some fat and lose weight, in a certain duration of time, then a rowing machine is the best choice. We have contemplated both the machines. It is up to you to decide which one is the best suitable for you. A rowing machine can be the best choice for you if you are suffering from a weak back or tight chest. Go for an elliptical trainer, if you want to give an exercise for your whole body. When you put effort and exert yourself to keep your body fit and healthy, the rewards are immense.