The number of fitness enthusiasts is increasing day by day. People are concerned about their fitness like never before. One of the most favorite ways to achieve a fit lifestyle is lifting weights. Undoubtedly weight training is effective for both bodybuilders and those who just aim to get a decent physique. Dumbbells are one of the best tools in any weight training program. Here we will provide you with a list of best adjustable dumbbells that you can use to stay fit and increase strength.
There is a wise saying that fitness is not a destination rather a life long process. The more you stay indulged in your fitness program better remains your health. As people are getting busier day by day into their regular life chores it becomes tough to hit the gym every day. Those who can’t go to the gym daily prefer home workout sessions. But if you look for assembling all the gym equipment at your home, it will consume a lot of space and your money as well. Best adjustable dumbbells are a perfect solution here.
Why Go for Best Adjustable Dumbbells?
There is no denying the fact that weight training is one of the best ways to achieve the desired physique and stay healthy for a longer period of time. Assembling Barbell, plates, dumbbells and so on at your home is never a good idea. Dumbbells can serve most of the gym’s purposes. Hence people look for buying dumbbells instead of all gym equipment for their home workout sessions.
There’s another problem here since serious fitness enthusiasts prefer to lift heavy while working out, it becomes important to fetch dumbbells of all weight category. In the quest of assembling dumbbells, people often end up piling so many dumbbells at their space. It creates a lot of problems for those who don’t have enough space to store their workout equipment. Best adjustable dumbbells come really handy here.
With adjustable dumbbells, the only thing you have to worry about is picking the right combination for you. If you are a heavy lifter then choose the weight-range accordingly. Most of the adjustable dumbbells come with dial through which you can change the weight of your dumbbells accordingly.
Not only adjustable dumbbells are convenient and easy to use but also sturdy. You can rely on the dumbbells as most of these are meant to last long enough. The material used while making these are often of top quality. These dumbbells are easy to hold and feel good when you exercise.
How to Buy Adjustable Dumbbells?
Buying an adjustable dumbbell is never an easy task. You know nothing about them hence chances are high that you might not get what you are looking for. Let us check what you should look for before buying adjustable dumbbells –
• Weight – This is one of the first things that you should look for before buying the adjustable dumbbells. A 50lbs set is okay for most of the people but heavy lifters should pick the weight accordingly.
• Build Quality – A dumbbell is not for a week or a month rather it should last long. You are going to work out for a longer period of time hence you should look for a sturdy dumbbell that will last long. It should be comfortable to hold and gives you the right grip while working out.
• Shape – Most of the people ignore this and they suffer. Getting a round-shaped dumbbell for the home workout is never advised as they will roll away. You should pick hexagonal shaped dumbbells that will not roll away in your home.
• Add-ons – Since there is a huge competition among the manufactures of adjustable dumbbells, each one of them wants to get ahead by adding more and more features. You should pick a dumbbell with the least feature. The lesser add-ons mean that it will last longer and lesser chances are there of crack.
• Price – Definitely you should look for the price of adjustable dumbbells. There are a lot of adjustable dumbbells that are set at huge prices due to a few extra features. Hence you should pick what you need so that you don’t end up disturbing your budget.
Follow these tips to pick the best adjustable dumbbells for you. Take your time to pick the one that suits you. Do not follow what your friend has picked as they might have different goals and requirements whereas you might have different.
Best Adjustable Dumbbell Sets
Now since we are aware of the essence of adjustable dumbbells comes the real question – which is the best adjustable dumbbells? It is never easy to pick something when there are so many competitors in the market. If you are a novice, things get even tougher. There are so many brands and so many variations that can leave any mind perplexed. To make things easier for you, we have brought a list of best adjustable dumbbells along with their pros and cons. So without getting any delays to let’s start with our first one –
#1. Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells
When it comes to picking up gym equipment, one of the most popular brands that hit our head is Bowflex. One of the leading manufacturers in the fitness industry, this Washington based brand has established itself in the market firmly. These pairs of dumbbells are among the best picks and on the top of this list for a reason. Bowflex claims that these adjustable dumbbells are meant to replace 15 pairs of dumbbells which will definitely save a lot of space in your home.
There are a lot of pros of this equipment which is the reason why people are fond of this.
- It allows you to vary the weight from 5 lbs to 52.5 lbs. For most the people this is a suitable range.
- You can easily switch between the weights with an easy to turn the dial. The user-friendly dial switches quickly and even if you are a novice, it’s really easy to handle.
- You can perform a variety of exercises through these pairs of dumbbells. You can hit your chest, back, shoulder, arm and even leg muscles through these.
- The material used provides these pair of dumbbells with a sturdy built quality. You get a firm grip when you hold these and it gives you that confidence while exercising.
- It can definitely save a lot of space in your home by replacing 15 pairs of dumbbells which is definitely a great advantage.
- The 2-year warranty is an extra perk here. You can rely on these pairs of dumbbells and these are meant to last long.
Well, no product is perfect and neither is this one from Bowflex. Here are some of the cons
- Definitely, the range of weight will not be suitable for a majority of the people especially those who lift heavy. 52.5 lbs are good for smaller muscle groups but when it comes to back, chest or shoulder muscles you need to lift heavy to pump it.
- For some, pricing could be an issue. This product may seem to go out of your budget but considering the advantage, it is worth picking.
#2. Ativafit Adjustable Dumbbells
The 66lbs Adjustable Dumbbell Weight Set is a popular choice among fitness enthusiasts who want to exercise at home. This set includes two dumbbells with adjustable weights, which makes it easy to create a customized workout routine.
With adjustable weights ranging from 11 lbs to 66 lbs, users can choose the perfect weight for each exercise. This means that users can perform a wide range of exercises without having to invest in multiple sets of dumbbells.
Another advantage is the convenience it offers. Users can easily adjust the weight of the dumbbells by adding or removing plates, which can save time and money in the long run.
The compact design of the set makes it easy to store in a small space, making it ideal for those with limited space.
- The weight set comes with 10 plates, weights from 11- lbs, weight from 11 lbs to 66 lbs in increments of 5 lbs allowing you to adjust the weight according to your fitness level and exercise needs. The maximum weight capacity of 66 lbs gives you the flexibility to challenge yourself and progress as you get stronger.
- Based on customer review, the Ativafit adjustable dumbbells are more compact, sturdy, and easy to use. The weight set includes a sturdy and simple-to-use connector that enables rapid and simple switching between plates. For individuals who prefer to work out faster, the weight can be changed in a matter of seconds, making it a great option.
- One of the best features ativafit is the ubiquitous grip texture called “Honeycomb Rubber Grip” can be seen on a variety of objects, including sporting goods, tools, and even electrical devices. The grip is intended to provide traction and give the user a stronger grasp, which can be particularly useful when the object is being used in damp or slippery conditions. Little hexagonal features that are raised slightly above the grip’s surface give the rubber grip its honeycomb design. These hexagons are placed in a pattern that repeats, resembling a beehive. The hexagons’ raised edges produce a tactile surface that makes it easier for the user’s fingers to grip the object.
- The weight plates might be clangy while using, but this is a common problem for most adjustable dumbbells too.
- As reviewed by customers one main problem is the grip of the dumbbells and that the grip is also too long. One thing is the dial selector that shows decimals, for any weight lifters this could not be so good to look at and can be confusing in selecting how much weight you want to lift.
- As the Core Fitness dumbbell, our 66 lbs dumbbell allows shifting weight only in a range of 5 lbs. But our dumbbell can go as light as 11 lbs, which means people still have 12 different levels of weight they can choose from.
#3. Core Fitness Adjustable Dumbbell Set
These are one of the best dumbbells with adjustable weights in the market. Core manufactures one of the best fitness products in the fitness industry and they are known for their quality. The speedy adjustment among different weights gives these dumbbells an upper hand over its competitors. These allow you to shift weight from 5 pounds to 50 pounds which is one of the best perks. Easy to use and premium quality dumbbells let you work out with ease and you can replace more than 15 sets of dumbbells and save space.
These dumbbells from Core Fitness come with tons of advantages that provide them with a lead over its competitors. Here are some major perks –
- Range of weight is one of the best perks of these pair of adjustable dumbbells. For those who are new to weight lifting can go with as light as 5 lbs whereas those who are heavy lifters can lift 50 lbs.
- The design of these pairs of dumbbells makes it extremely easy to hold and gives you confidence while working out.
- You can perform a variety of exercises and hit different muscle groups with ease through these dumbbells. No need to visit the gym or pile up dumbbells at your home, Core adjustable dumbbell set is going to serve the purpose for you.
Though there is not much to talk about the cons of these dumbbells there are certain flaws that you should look for before going with these pair of adjustable dumbbells –
- These dumbbells do not allow you to shift weight in the range of 2.5 lbs rather you can shift in the range of 5 lbs. If you want to lift 7.5 lbs then you won’t be able to do that.
- While shifting between the weights, the rack sometimes gets hung up which means that you have to be extra cautious while re-racking them. Some users have complained that rack also lifts when you try to lift the full weight.
#4. PowerBlock Elite Adjustable Dumbbells
If you are looking for one of the best adjustable dumbbells then you can surely not loose this one from the list. One of the most trusted and reliable pairs of adjustable dumbbells, PowerBlock has provided the quality that every fitness enthusiast is going to admire. The design is a bit controversial but once you hold it you feel the comfort and luxury while working out. The 4 independent bars feel like cage provide your wrist with the guard while working out. The range of weights varies from 5 lbs to 70 lbs which is insane.
These are simply the best pair of adjustable dumbbells that are loaded with tons of perks, here are some of them –
- These adjustable dumbbells can easily replace up to 22 pairs of dumbbells saving a lot of space at your home.
- You can lift as light as 5 lbs and as heavy as 70 lbs. This is among the best adjustable weights dumbbell for those who are heavy lifters. You don’t need heavy plates and bars if you have these pairs of dumbbells.
- The grip handle is extremely suitable to prevent any wrist injuries and allows you to lift more. You need not worry about your wrist tendons while working out with these adjustable dumbbells.<
- The quality of the dumbbells is top-notch and they are sturdy enough to last long enough. PowerBlock has provided it with the quality so that it gives you confidence while lifting heavy.
- The design of the dumbbells is innovative hence some might not like it. Though the dumbbells serve the purpose the cage-like design may feel a bit gloomy to some lifters.
- If you are a novice then you might find it difficult to tweak weights. As you get used to these dumbbells you won’t find any difficulties while doing so.
#5. NordicTrack Speed Weights
Each industry has some manufactures that are known for their top-notch products and NordicTrack is one such manufacturer in the fitness industry. They excel with everything they produce and their adjustable dumbbells do not disappoint as well. If you are new to weight training or you have recently matured then you are going to love this beast. One of the best rated adjustable dumbbells provides you with confidence while working out. The weight range varies from 10 lbs to 55 lbs which are decent enough for light and moderate lifters.
One of the best things about NordicTrack’s speed weights is that you will not miss out on the gym workout too much while working out with these at your home. Here are some of the advantages of these pair of adjustable dumbbells –
- You are not purchasing one set of dumbbells rather you are replacing 30 sets of dumbbells.
- The weight range is 10lbs – 55lbs which is suitable for up to moderate lifters. No need to pile up 30 dumbbells rather get this one and serve all the purposes.
- These can be used to hit all the muscle groups of your body. Whether that’s chest, biceps, shoulders, back, and whatnot. They give you the gym like feeling while working out.
- Though dumbbells are sturdy and built to last long they feel super comfortable to hold and are soft while working out.
- Weight selector is smooth enough and you won’t find any issues while shifting between the weights.
Just like other adjustable dumbbells, these from NordicTrack have got the flaws as well, here are some of them –
- It may not be much of the use for those who are serious lifters or love to lift heavy.
- The price of the dumbbells may be a bit costlier for some as they will get higher weight dumbbells at this range.
#6. PowerBlock EXP Stage 1 Adjustable Dumbbell Set
PowerBlock has come with this innovation of expandable adjustable dumbbells with these pair of adjustable dumbbells. You can expand the upper limit of the dumbbells up to 90 lbs if you are not satisfied with 50 lbs. These are one of the best adjustable dumbbells in the fitness industry. These dumbbells have got something for everyone, if you are a novice then you can lift as light as 5lbs and if you are heavy lifter you can go up to 90lbs which is insanely great.
Here the Pros of these pair of adjustable dumbbells which are behind their extreme popularity –
- Option to extend weight from 50lbs to 90lbs is one of the best features that these adjustable dumbbells provide.
- You can easily replace more than 20-25 dumbbells if you get your hands on these. You can save a lot of space at your home and make it convenient to work out.
- Just like most of the leading dumbbells in the category, these are also sturdy to last long but are smooth on your body. You get that lifting confidence with these dumbbells.
- Perform a variety of exercises at your home and no need to visit the gym as these dumbbells are going to serve most of the purposes for you.
- Design is something that might not be good for some people. Due to its expandable nature, it looks bulkier and some might get uncomfortable while lifting.
- Shifting weights is though easy but for novices, it may feel a bit complicated.
- If you want to expand the weight then you have to arrange an extra kit which might be extra heavy on your wallet.
So these were the best adjustable dumbbells currently in the market. You can purchase any of these depending upon your needs and start working out at your home with ease. No need to visit the gym and no need to surround yourself with plenty of plates, rods, and dumbbells. Just get any of these and hit all the muscle groups of your body.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the FAQs that will clear all your confusions regarding adjustable dumbbells –
Q. Can adjustable dumbbells replace gym workout?
A. No. Adjustable dumbbells can suffice your basic needs but can never replace a complete gym workout. If you are at a professional level then you will find it extremely difficult to grow muscles just by adjustable dumbbells. Exercises like – Pulldowns, cable rowing, cable fly and so on can not be replaced by adjustable dumbbells.
Q. Should I go for light or heavy dumbbell range?
A. The answer to this question varies from person to person. If you are new to lifting weights then you should definitely go for lightweight dumbbells whereas if you are heavy lifter then you should go for heavier ones. Lifting heavy is definitely good for muscle growth and strength but you should be extra cautious as there remains a risk of serious injury while lifting heavy.
Q. How much time it will take to build muscles with adjustable dumbbells?
A. It’s the most difficult question to answer. Nobody can give you an exact time in which you will develop your muscles. Fitness is a long term process, the longer you stick to it, the better you get with time. Whether it’s gym workout or home workout you can build muscle with both but only with patience. Though if you are completely new then you will start noticing changes within a month and a glimpse of transformation will be visible in 3-4 months.
So here was the best adjustable dumbbells review that will help you to pick the best one for you. Adjustable dumbbells are one of the best equipment to stay fit at your home. You can do a variety of exercises with them and hit different muscle groups of your body. You should definitely go for them if you can not hit the gym regularly.