Alec Baldwin is a professional actor who lost a total of 30 pounds in 2012. When he was treated for pre-diabetes, after that he decided to focus more on his health, which he started with his weight loss goal. For this, he made attractive changes in his diet and prepared a regular workout routine, and followed it authentically.
Table of Contents
Alec Baldwin Profile
|Real Name||Alexander Rae Baldwin III|
|Birthday||3 April 1958|
|Weight Before||171 lbs|
|Weight Loss||30 pounds|
|Height||6 feet 1 inches|
Alec Baldwin’s Diet Plan
Talking directly about Alec Baldwin’s diet, he focused more on some important categories that could convert his diet into a weight loss diet. Let’s understand his diet plan –
1) Eliminate Sugar and Refined Carbohydrates from Regular Diet
This was the biggest change Alec Baldwin made to his regular diet. He completely stopped eating bread, pasta, pastries, and many other such sugary foods. He also reduced the consumption of sweet fruits like bananas, grapes, etc. to reduce the sugar intake. He used to eat it only as a salad.
2) Started Consuming Protein and Healthy Fats in My Daily Diet
Alec Baldwin started consuming lean proteins such as fish, chicken, and beans, that too in sufficient quantity. He also increased his healthy fats according to the diet in which he used to consume nuts, seeds, and avocados.
3) Eat Little but Eat Well
Baldwin divided his food timetable into small parts which he used to complete his entire day’s protein intake through 5-6 small meals. The advantage of this habit was that he could keep his blood sugar level under control and problems like overeating could also be avoided. The diet routine was something like this of Baldwin’s. After this, he used to focus on his workout routine.
Alec Baldwin’s Workout Routine
Baldwin’s workout used to be of 4-5 types of exercise routines. He used to do each exercise according to the help and guidance of experts.
1) Pilates – Baldwin used to do this exercise 3-4 times every week. It is a low-impact exercise that increases flexibility and core strength in the lower body and is considered extremely effective for weight loss.
2) Spin – Baldwin used to spin at least 2-3 times a week. Spin not only helps in weight loss but also is a high-intensity workout, it helps in burning calories quickly and improves heart health. And this exercise speeded up Baldwin’s weight loss journey.
3) Walking – Walking keeps the body’s metabolism right, so Baldwin used to walk daily even for 30 minutes without forgetting. Because of this, his overall health started improving.
4) Cardiovascular Exercise – Baldwin used to spend more time on cardio exercises such as swimming, running, cycling, etc. He used to do all this for at least 150 minutes a week. This habit used to keep him hydrated, due to which he never used to be lazy.
5) Strength Training – Adding strength exercises to the routine can go a long way in building lean muscle mass. Muscles burn calories at a faster rate, which results in weight loss and fat loss, so Baldwin also gave more importance to exercise. In this training session, he used to do daily squats, a few sets of push-ups, weightlifting, and lunges.
6) High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) – Baldwin used to practice this to burn calories, increase metabolism and increase fitness level. According to his age, he also used to take rest and this schedule was made by his fitness professional. Because of this, his weight loss journey got the expected result.
7) Active Lifestyle – Diet and exercise This was a routine for Baldwin’s weight loss goal which was made by experts, but apart from this Baldwin used to follow some of his own rules and habits in his day-to-day life, such as Walking more and more, taking stairs instead of elevators, he used to do such active work himself which always kept him motivated.
Other lifestyle Changes
Diet and workouts were a part of Baldwin’s weight loss routine, but apart from this, many small factors were helping to improve his lifestyle.
Stress management – As soon as Baldwin started his weight loss goal, many thoughts started coming to his mind, and many negative thoughts started preventing him from doing this, but he found a way to manage his stress without paying attention to it. He meditated daily and practiced yoga. And also used to take necessary sleep on time. Due to this he again started staying away from stress.
This weight loss journey of Baldwin’s was an inspiration for many. He showed by doing this that if you also want to lose weight, that too without any special treatment, then Baldwin’s diet and Baldwin’s workout plan are like an incentive for them, which if anyone does well, till he like Baldwin’s may be successful.
Here are some additional Things That Help Alec Baldwin to Lose Weight
Here are some additional tips that like Alec Baldwin, you too can reduce your weight loss –
1) A realistic goal – a lot of fat will be burnt in one go, don’t exercise too much in one go with this idea. Even if only 1 – 2 pounds a week should be the goal
2) Find a support system – Always consult your friends and family members and keep taking motivation for weight loss.
3) Make small changes – Do not change your overall lifestyle in a single day. In the beginning, do small activities first, then gradually increase them. Like walking for 30 minutes on the first day and 40 steps on the second day, there will be no change in lifestyle.
4) Don’t give up – Weight loss is the most challenging, but not impossible. If you just follow the routine with hard work, then problems like weight loss will not arise and even if it does, it becomes easy to manage.
Alec Baldwin made a drastic change in his life at the age of 54 after fighting a major illness. He never let his goal break, he always focused on his target and achieved what he wanted. Alec Baldwin is 65 years old today but everyone is crazy about his weight management even today. Today Alec Baldwin’s weight is 78 kg. How has the journey from 298 lbs to 198 lbs, he has told in many of his interviews and has also inspired people to remain weight loss and health conscious.